Thursday, November 25, 2010

It's Official-I'm Official

Yesterday, I swore in as an official Peace Corps Volunteer! We traveled from Mehdia to Rabat in the morning and I took an oath from the Ambassador of the United States around 11am. After swearing in we had a reception and then a 'Thanksgiving' lunch at the Peace Corps Headquarters in Rabat. We all went to the American Club afterwards which is a restaurant and bar reserved for only American citizens in Morocco. I got to see a little bit of Rabat, which was a nice change from rural Morocco. It was a fantastic day :)

I'm off to my final site now...8 hours in a taxi, but there is a Thanksgiving Dinner at the end of the journey with 11 other fellow Peace Corps Volunteers. I am so excited for the next two years :)

Love to All!

Maryeem xxx

US Ambassador & Ministry of Tourism/Youth Ministers


PC Country Director-David Lillie





Me & Marissa


Me & US Ambassador












2 comments:

  1. Heartiest congratulations Maryeem - and very Happy Thanksgiving, despite the grueling 8 hour journey ahead of you. Now, the 'good times' are almost over and the real work of your assignment will begin very soon. Don't forget, all your followers are right behind you, singing your praises - so break a leg!
    Much love from us both - Granddad & Karenxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Meine kleine munch (frau),

    Here at Nana's with Carl and Samuel for Thanksgiving. And in the Moroccan tradition, we'll eat the turkey gizzard for you. I've enjoyed your site and hope you're enjoying the Moroccan traditions, which I'm sure you will.

    I've recently sent you a letter which you should be getting soon, and I'll send you your wish list goodies in the New Year.

    Time for the turkey, we'll write you after dinner.

    Lots of love,

    Dad

    ReplyDelete