Thursday, February 23, 2012

Hello World!

I've just come home from making/eating spaghetti and garlic bread, with my counterpart, Rabha and her teenage nephew, Mohammed.

As Moroccan food is eaten with bread/hands, utensils such as a fork rarely make appearances around here. That said, imagine how entertaining trying to twirl spaghetti onto a fork was for them (and for me to watch). Most attempts resulted in a half twirled fork-full with the remaining other half of the spaghetti dangling off the end only to be later slurped in with a final smack, leaving spaghetti sauce splattered everywhere :)

We had fun.

And after the brisk walk home (which was well needed as the garlic bread was too much of a foreign concept which resulted in my eating all of it), getting my fire going as it is (still) bloody freezing, I snuggled up to unwind via Coronation Street (go ahead, laugh)...but not before first getting my daily dose of FaceBook...which brings me to the purpose of this evening's blog post.

In my FaceBook newsfeeed this evening, a fellow Peace Corps Morocco volunteer shared a link to this blog post. It is beautifully written, and every last word is the truth which is what makes it so fantastic as it is written by a Peace Corps volunteer's experience in Ethiopia, yet could easily have been written by any of us volunteers here in Morocco.

Spot On.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, beautifully written Miriam....just like your own blog, which is always such a great read. So, thanks a lot for giving us the opportunity to peer into another PCV's life and to share his experiences in another far away land.
    Always thinking about you...Granddadxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete