Saturday, March 10, 2012

Roof Tops & Cow Udders

First of all, apologies for my complete and utter lack of proofreading on the last entry...I'm really bad about proofreading, obviously, so thanks Mom for staying on top of things :)

Yesterday's Thought of the Day: I live for Fridays over here; Cous Cous Fridays (lunchtime) are like Sunday Roast Dinners...until you are told you are eating cow udder. I wondered why it was so chewy.

Women's World: For the most part roof tops are a man free zone over here. Especially now that it is a bit warmer outside, but still freezing inside the house.

Women use the roof for many things...

Hanging the Laundry
Keeping Warm in the Sun
Baking Bread in a Mud Oven
Hanging out while watching your friend bake bread
Sorting through grain

5 comments:

  1. Those pictures sure tell a good "story." Another fantastic blog, Annemarie. Love, Nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have breakfast on my roof, if the sun is out. It is the warmest place at my house. And do not forget cooking the Thanksgiving turkey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've reminded me of when I opted for cow udder at lunch in Greve (Tuscany) with Karen, Amanda and Berry. Certainly very chewy - and quite disgusting, although camel udder might be better. Lots of love from Granddad xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This made me smile, Annemarie. :) Indeed. Rooftops are flexible for a lot of house chores. You can also add to your list, rooftop gardening. Having a garden on your roof can be both beneficial for you and the environment. You can cut cost on your groceries because of the crops you’ll be harvesting, and meanwhile, more greenery on Earth would be helpful in reducing global warming.

    Noreen Mayweather

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha. I couldn’t stop laughing on the first photo. Very true! LOL. Anyway, that’s why it is really important to have a sturdy roof. Those photos say so, right, Anne? I also agree with Noreen here. It is nice to put up a vegetative rooftop because it generates a positive effect not only for your home, but also for the environment.

    Lino Kosters

    ReplyDelete