Thursday, September 16, 2010

Today's actual blog!

Going to make this one short as it's late and I've got an early start tomorrow...


The day started with a breakfast of bread with cream cheese and chocolate croissants, coffee and sweet mint tea. Then we had our first Arabic language class which was pretty entertaining as none of us know any Arabic and can't make the right sounds! After language training we had more medical and safety training. I got my Hep A and Typhoid shots...then after lunch we met the American Ambassador to Morocco, Sam Kaplan, and his wife and also the US Regional Security officer who gave us a safety briefing which was very very informative. That lasted two hours and was really exciting, I've never met an Ambassador before. Then there was more paperwork and our Country Director, David Lille, who is an extremely intelligent and friendly man, went through more policies with us. We finished up around 5pm and all went for a walk on the beach again, which we all needed after all that hot sweaty sitting in the conference room all day! The guards followed us all over the beach again today. I am pretty sure they think we are funny because we always catch them smiling...although, today during our walk there was thunder and lightening in the distance and then all of a sudden it poured. We all got completely soaked (and so did the poor guards in full uniform!), but we all laughed the whole way back to the house :) After dinner I sat outside and practiced Arabic with a small group of people. And now I am going to go to bed...with the sound of the ocean waves crashing outside my window :) Ahhhhh.....

2 comments:

  1. Hi Annemarie,
    Just as I thought...you're feeling at home already and beginning to enjoy the all experiences, whatever they are! Really good to read about your observations - and now I can't wait to see some photos shortly. Don't keep us waiting too long. Fondest love from Granddadxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey baby, sounds like your really enjoying yourself... That makes me happy:))) When are you going to start uploading photos of Morocco??? Can't wait to see some... Love you loads, Jerry XoxoXo

    ReplyDelete